Content Management Systems.
Content Management Systems (CMS) provide clients with the ability to update the content of their website themselves.
dag.net.nz has many years of experience with various forms of CMS systems and can develop custom solutions when required.
The benefits of having your own Content Management System are:
- Cheap updates to your website or app
- No requirement to employ a developer to make changes
- Add extra content regularly for promotions
- Increase traffic to your site with fresh content
- Make price changes and add new products yourself
Content management may also be done with developers and designers outsourced, then loaded yourself using the editor.
FAQs about Content Management Systems
- How do I access the CMS system?
You typically login to the admin area of the website, then navigate to the page you wish to edit.
- Do I need to know HTML or CSS to edit my content?
No, the CMS provides an interface, similar to using Microsoft's Word. Nonetheless HTML and CSS can be edited in raw mode if you know it.
- What changes do you use the CMS for?
Adding new pages and items to the menu is simple. Likewise it is simple to make changes to text but gets more complex once you start adding images.
- Is it expensive to add a CMS to an existing website?
No, it is not expensive. Most content can be managed with a CMS, what cannot be edited still works in a CMS.
- What are the benefits of a Content Management System?
One of the best things about a CMS is the ability to easily add new pages, and have them appear in the menu on all pages.
Likewise it is simple to make edits to text or prices and add new products and run promotions.